Failed attempt.

So.. the ECV procedure was a failure.

My little baby just refused to budge, even a little.
Thing is, he’s in a footling breech position but i gave it a shot because you know what they say, you don’t know until you try it yourself!

Image result for footling breech

The doctors also mentioned he is in a weird position whereby his body is slanted to the left side of my tummy and his face is facing upwards!
HAHA! My baby’s complicated even before he’s born!

So for the benefits of those mamas worried about their breech babies and wants to try the ECV procedure, here’s what i went through.

  • My appointment was set at 9am, and i was asked to fast since the night before in case there is a need for e-csect if baby is in distress or waterbag ruptured, etc etc etc. (phew! thank god all was a-okay!)
  • They put the CTG devices on me and started monitoring baby’s heartbeat.
  • 10-ish, a doctor came to do some simple scanning, to check the baby’s position, water level and confirmed that it’s safe for a try.
  • 10 minutes later, another specialist came in and did another scan. she then explained the risks, briefed me on what’s going to happen and stuff.
  • Administered a type of medication i forgot the name to relax my muscles and the 2 lady doctors started the procedure. During the procedure, they kept pushing and scanning to make sure baby is fine.
  • For about a good 15 mins, they tried to turn my baby but he really just won’t budge. In the end, procedure abandoned because they wouldn’t want to put too much pressure and rupture the sac.
  • Continued monitoring baby’s heartbeat for about and hour or so before they released me home.

I would say that the process itself wasn’t painful but probaby because my baby just won’t budge that makes it a little face-cringing for me.

Yes, i was a little disappointed that the procedure was unsuccessful. To make things worse, i begged my husband to take leave from work to accompany me because the clinic doctor said he will be allowed in for the procedure. But in the end, he had to wait outside for about 4 hours.

But hey, i tried and it didn’t work. So i believe God has better plans for me than what i have planned for myself.

To the other mamas worried about their breech baby, i wouldn’t recommend you calling any makcik urut to get your baby back into position. Just to be safe, i would rather you go through the ECV in case baby is distressed, caught in his own cord, etc etc etc. Just make sure baby’s safety is your priority!

We scheduled for a csect birth next week (at 39 wks) and till i become a mother of 2, see you next time!

Love,
MamaHS.

Advertisements

Author: #mamahs

mummy

One thought on “Failed attempt.”

  1. Have heard some really crazy stories about the baby turning or getting entangled in it’s own cord. It’s scary and I think these decisions are best left to the doctors in such a high stress environment

    Like

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s